Monday, January 18, 2010

Food, Glorious Food

Week 8 or 9 now. Out of what, 40? How do people do this?

Well, supposedly it gets better. I can't say for sure that my nausea/food aversions are going away, but they're changing. I am so sick to death of junk food. All I want is to eat is an apricot and some green beans. At the very least, this experience has showed me how much I take healthy eating for granted. To not have a choice? I don't think I could have ever understood that. I still don't think people believe me when I say I can't do it. You may as well be putting a plate of caterpillars in front of me.

However, I was really excited because, while watching The Legend of the Seeker yesterday, I got a craving for meat. Chicken, particularly KFC. REAL FOOD!!! I leaped on the notion before my fickle stomach changed its mind. I was tempted to get a healthy side, but I knew I wouldn't be able to stomach it. But I ate chicken! Nearly a whole breast! And we had mashed potatoes and Mac n Cheese on the side! Plus, of course, a biscuit. It felt nice to eat something that had some sort of nutritional value.

I'm back at work again today (3 more days!), and the hardest part, after having a 3 day weekend, was forcing myself to eat in the morning again. I swear to god, I won't even so much as LOOK at a bagel after this is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment