Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A TMI Introduction

Hello, world. Fancy meeting you here.

 I come to you at a very interesting time in my life. I'm quitting my 2.5 year stint doing call center work, I'm nearing the completion of my Personal Training Certification, my best friend brother-in-law finally found love, and oh, I'm pregnant.

I'm even hesitant to say the word. I should be jumping for joy, but this isn't actually the first time. Unfortunately, things didn't work out and we lost the baby at 5 weeks in early November. You can understand my trepidation.

But on with the good stuff! I would guess I'm around 7 or 8 weeks. (If you're keeping track, yes, we got pregnant RIGHT away) It feels like an eternity, waiting to hit my 2nd trimester, and finally be able to breathe and start celebrating. But that's not what this is all about. This isn't a place for me to wallow in my fears, but to wallow in all the wonderful symptoms pregnancy has had to offer me. Let's be organized here:

Food Aversions: Hi, my name is Stephanie, and I lost 50 lbs by eating healthy and exercise. I LOVE fruits and vegetables. I avoid refined sugar, excess salt, "bad" carbs, and anything liquid other than water. Hi, this is Stephanie in week 7/8 of her pregnancy. All I can stomach are bagels, snickers, nutrigrain bars and ice cream. Just the thought of a salad makes me want to hurl for hours. Bringing me to my next topic ....

Morning Sickness: Do you know why they call it that? It's not because you're sick just in the morning, oh no. It's just that, since you don't notice the nausea while sleeping, morning is kind of the best label. Otherwise they'd just call it "Forever-all-the-time Sickness." From what I've heard around the watering hole, this wonderful side-effect should start to dwindle in the 8th week. But you'll still have ...

Hyper-Smell: This one has been a tricky side-effect. It hasn't actually been too persistent, but when it hits, it's bad. I remember opening the fridge the other day, and the swamp gas wall that hit me nearly had me turning tail and running. And don't even get me started on the dogs. I say we shave them bald and bathe them every 4 hours.

Fatigue: Also known as "sheer and utter exhaustion". Now, this has been pretty ongoing for a few weeks, but it's been fairly mild. My energy levels are lower, no biggie. But something happened in just the past few days. Perhaps its' my crappy diet, or the fact that I'm still exercising like nobody's business, but nothing could make me get off the couch/bed past 7pm. We're talking wobbly legs and out-of-breath-just-putting-on-shoes. I can barely keep my eyes open at 11am, and my chores have completely fallen by the way-side.

Honestly, I could go on and on. These are the most significant ones (unless you consider not pooping regularly significant), but I'm sure more will come along. I wanted to create this blog so I could look back and remember all the "fun times", and because I stupidly moved far away from my Mom several years ago, she can still keep tabs on my pregnancy. (Love you, Mom!)

I look forward to chronically my many adventures through the next several months, and grossing out as many people as possible.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment