Monday, February 22, 2010

I came out!

So today was my FIRST ultrasound, and my subsequent "coming out". It's been a crazy day! Where to start??

Kevin had an appointment early in the morning, and stayed home from work, so he was able to go with me. First and foremost, I was nervous. Very very nervous. So far everything had been good! But I'd heard stories of people getting an U/S, and finding out that the baby had stopped growing. I was so scared of something having gone wrong (despite having morning sickness still, haha), and I would have felt like a failure, especially having just finished working on the nursery.

So they propped me up, lubed up my tummy, and within seconds, our little baby came into view. It was almost a shock. He/she was moving and breathing and their little heart was beating. It was incredible. The doctor tried to get a good side view, but I apparently have a stubborn baby, haha. But we listened to the hearbeat, and it was just incredible. My doctor was really happy with how everything came out, and said I looked great. And my tentative due date, being at approx. 14 weeks, is August 24th!

As soon as we left the clinic, I called my Dad, who didnt know yet. He was so excited! When we got home, we scanned the picture and let the news fly out into cyberspace. Within minutes people were congratulating us, and scolding me for keeping it a secret for so long, haha (sorry about that!)

I guess I feel like I can finally relax. This might just actually happen. And on April 5th, we'll get another U/S and find out the sex of the baby!! So, I eat lots of donuts to have a girl, right?? Hehe, just kidding ;)